Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 3

Day 3

I didn’t attend the internet workshop for editors and trainers because I was sick.

Even though, my colleague told me they have learned on how to use internet to find other website where journalists can read a lot of things such as fixtures, features, history background and stories.

He said the websites they learned that day can be a good source of information and can be used to make follow up and even to add more facts in local stories or features.

For example he mentioned few of the web the learned such as fifa which have deep details of football around the world. Also he briefed about http://www.uefa.com/ which he said is the official site with news, results, statistics, and multimedia from the current tournament.

My colleague, Noor Shija also told me about YouTube that is a video sharing website where users can upload, view and share video clips and that most of the content on YouTube has been uploaded by members of the public, although media organizations offer their material via the site.

Another interesting website he said is http://www.xe.com/ which is the world's most popular currency and foreign exchange site.

I will go through websites and see what can be useful to me.

Bakari Mnkondo

No comments:

Post a Comment